Surprised to know that I got nominated for the Liebster Award. The nomination came from Junee Aguelo of the Cebu Travel Junkie Blog who saw my blog through the Facebook group of Wonderful Cebu Blog. Although, I do not know Junee that much, I will graciously accept the nomination as it is an opportunity for me to connect with other bloggers as well.
I would like to thank Junee Aguelo of Cebu Travel Junkie for nominating me. For accepting the nomination to the Liebster Award, I was asked 11 questions by Junee. In return, I will also nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers who will answer my own set of 11 questions.
Here are my answers to Junee's questions.
If you are to choose a country or a place to settle down that matches your personality, which will it be and why?
I'll be fine living in Siquijor, Philippines. The laid back life suits me, and with its wealth of natural resources and its potential for sustainable development, I'm pretty sure, I will keep myself busy doing a lot of things in the mystic island of fire. I'd most probably be involved in grassroots sports development, tourism development, and environmental awareness and preservation while living an easy-go-lucky lifestyle in an island where I can enjoy much of nature from sea to summit.
What is the name of your blog and why did you name it as such?
My blog is called Cebuano Tourist simply because I am a wanderlust that fell in love with Cebu.
If you are stuck in a deserted island, what five things would you like to bring with you and why?
I never thought this would be a hard question to answer. The difficulty stems not from having too many things in mind but knowing I can survive with so little. It's a good realization though knowing I am not too dependent on a lot of stuff. Let me name just one then. I will be fine with a Swiss Army Knife. With it, I can make do. It will allow me to use the resources in the island to do things necessary for survival. Many thanks for my boy scout training, I have learned to be resourceful and creative.
How will you convince a very skeptical person (like me, perhaps) to embark on her first solo travel?
I will appeal to the person to step out of his or her comfort zone to explore the world, meet new friends, and test one's individual capacity to fend for one's own needs and adapt to situations as they happen real time. Magic begins outside the comfort zone. Solo travel builds and strengthens one's character.
Do you have any scary stories to share with us (one that you have actually experienced in one of your trips)? What is it and how did you deal with it?
When I was traveling as a kid with my grandmother before, I almost got kidnapped by a man in the port of Iloilo City in the Western Visayas Region of the Philippines. Luckily, my grandmother had kept a very sharp eye on me and averted me going with a stranger. Since then, I have been very vigilant and cautious when dealing with strangers.
What gadgets do you carry with you when you travel and why those?
The one gadget that I always bring with me when I travel is my iPhone. It is a very handy tool as it allows me to cram what I can do with several gadgets into one. It has a good quality camera. I can use it to navigate using Google Maps. It allows me to update my social media accounts on the go. And it allows me to do a lot more with a lot of apps available on the Apple App Store.
Have you experienced "Serendipity" on one of your trips? How was it?
I should say this happens quite a lot for me since I love going places. I always marvel at the beauty of the places I go to for the first time. It is always a "fortunate happenstance". In many of my trips, I have also been able to come face to face with my own fears and confronted them head on, later on discovering I have more in me that what I perceived were personal limitations.
If you are to be one of those travel essentials that we carry on trips, what will it be and why?
Clean water definitely. Can't live without it.
How will you convince someone who travels a lot but never blogs to start blogging?
I'll just say blogging is just like a diary he or she can keep to himself or herself. Something he or she can look back to for good memories.
What is in traveling (or adventure or excursion) that makes you crave for more and why?
Traveling allows me to discover new places. There is always a thrill for discovering something new, that is why I prefer to go to places that are not the usual tourist hangouts. These not so popular spots are what I consider the most blog-worthy experiences.
What is in your bucket list that you are (kind of) scared of doing and at the same time, itching on doing it and why?
That would be scuba diving. It scares me because I hardly know how to swim. But the beauty of the underwater world has always fascinated me. I have recent motivation as one blogger friend of mine who do not know how to swim as well just did Discovery Scuba Diving. Indeed, there is still hope for me to get into scuba diving!
As a condition for accepting the nomination for the Liebster Award, I am to nominate 11 other bloggers as well who have less than 200 followers. Here are my nominees:
- Jace Suico of Laag pa More
- Ram Kuizon of Master Ryo
- Alyssa Panghulan of Alyssanity
- Janine Ella Anongos of A Blissful Blog
- Katherine Annika Cutar of Nested Thoughts
- Rea Remigio Alducente of Blissful Snapshots
- Mimi Gonzales of Chasing Bleu
- Jazmine Llaguno of Cebu Spa Wellness
- Rose Angelie Lapina of Mommy Wanders
- Emjae Argallon of Emjae Fotos
- Hoven Andre Encontro of Rock X Scissors
To my nominees, here are your 11 questions:
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is the niche of your blog and why did you choose that?
- What is it that you wish your blog will be able to achieve?
- What set of standards do you follow when writing a blog post?
- What skills do you think you need to acquire or improve to be a better blogger?
- What positive changes has blogging brought to your life?
- How would you convince people to start a blog of their own?
- What is your greatest achievement as a blogger?
- What is the legacy you want to have as a blogger?
- Where do you draw inspiration from for your blog?
- Aside from your own, what are 5-10 other blogs that you consider as your favorites? Why do you consider them as your favorites?
Here is what is expected of my nominees:
- Write a blog post on their site answering the 11 questions I posted for them in this post.
- In the blog post, do not forget to link back to the blog who nominated you (that's me, Thadz Engaling of Cebuano Tourist, with a thank you and a shoutout).
- Select, list, and link eleven (11) other bloggers who have less than 200 followers or who have been blogging for less than 2 years to nominate for the Liebster Award.
- Ask them your own set of eleven (11) questions.
- Give them these same set of instructions (not necessarily verbatim).
- Notify them of the nomination and provide a link to your post so that they will know what to do.
- Once you are done, come back here to post the link to your blog post on the comments section so I can check out your answers.
I'm looking forward to reading your posts and get to know you a little better.