I've been missing my buddies since I stopped playing basketball some months back. So we set a reunion of sorts. I've been wanting to try Kogi-Q's PhP 270 grill all you can offer at Parkmall in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines, so I suggested we had dinner at the place near the tail end of 2015. There's five (5) of us that used to play together before but due to some circumstances, only Peter and DJ showed up. JR was somewhere in Bantayan Island with his family and Mark had other things to do.
|DJ and Peter at Kogi-Q in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines|
What's On The Grill at Kogi-Q?
For PHP 270 per person, you get unlimited samgyeopsal, Cebu native chorizo, hotdogs, squid balls, chicken gizzard, chicken liver, chicken wings, lettuce, and mussels. It also comes with drink all you can bottomless iced tea. Add PhP 100 for unlimited shrimps and beef. You have to grill the raw meat yourself as gas-powered grill plates are placed in the tables where you sit at.
|Grilling at Kogi-Q in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines|
Here are a few tips we can suggest:
- Come early so you can have the best seats, that is the tables near where all the raw meat is and near the drink station. That way, you wouldn't have to walk far from your table to reload on items you wanted to grill.
- Kogi-Q also does not employ a security guard and there have been a few incidents of theft, so make sure you keep an eye on your valuables.
- While Kogi-Q's meat and seafood seem to have already been marinated in a solution that is not soy-based, I suggest to season it with yakiniku sauce to enhance its flavors. Do this specially for the samgyeopsal. Otherwise, there is vinegar, soy sauce, onions, chives, and kimchi to help you with enhancing the flavors.
- Make sure you are also comfortable around the smoke from all the grilling taking place at the restaurant. Kogi-Q is not a smokeless grill. Somehow, you will come out smelling smoked out after the meal specially when there are a lot of restaurant guests.
- Leftover charge is PhP 150 per person, so it helps when you consume everything you grill if you don't want to pay extra.
|More items to grill at Kogi-Q in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines|
Kogi-Q is located at Parkmall in Ouano Drive, Tipolo, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines. It is on the ground floor of the building occupied by Choobi-Choobi (a sister company) and beside Jollibee. They are also opening soon at SM City Cebu and at Capitol Site.
Connect with Kogi-Q
For reservations and inquiries, dial (032) 405 6010. You may connect with Kogi-Q on Facebook as well.